Re: New owner janome 12000 Thread

rsh724

Hi Gerda, Cheryl,

Thanks for your replies, you both make a lot of sense. It will help me as I learn.

The problem with the thread is not the quality, my 11000SE so far has sewn beautifully with any thread I use. The thread is pretty, of course not as gorgeous as the 3 spools of Floriani that I picked up, but then again they didn't cost nearly as much.

The problem is me, basically, I feel I don't know what I'm doing, and I find it extremely hard to match the colors for shadowing and shading. For example, I can pick red when it shows red, but then I usually don't have shades of red to get the right shading. I did buy some other thread from metroemb., so now I have about 100 cones of thread without having all of the colors I need.

I'm intrigued that you think a good digitizer will use fewer colors, and that could be the answer to my problem. Perhaps I need to find different websites to download designs. Right now I've only been using emblibrary.com, because I don't know what other sites to trust. The designs are inexpensive, but that does me no good since they often user many colors, so I don't even stitch out what I do buy. The last time I embroidered it felt like work, so I stopped.

What sites would be good for better digitized designs? Where do you get your designs? And how did you build up your thread collection?

Thanks so much for your help,

Robin