Re: using the convertible free motion set on the Janome 12000

janetpiekarski

Unfortunately, the part number (actually 4 part numbers-one for the ankle-if you can call it that-and then one for each of those little feet-the closed toe and open toe (both metal) and then the plastic "big foot") doesn't appear on the Janome ordering page parts list. I found it by going to the parts list in the manual.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "pinguin60@..." <pinguin60@...> wrote:

Hello Janet,
thanks for the info. The part number will be helpfull. I would be glad
to use that foot for FMQ.

Gerda

Op 23-04-13 18:44, janetpiekarski schreef:

The convertible free motion foot set that comes with the 8900 (which
has metal feet does fit onto the 12000 very nicely) I don't know the
part number but will find out. It's definitely not the foot set for
just a high shank, like Jim says, the apparatus from the 12000 gets in
the way (the 8900 has that same apparatus so they must have redesigned
it)

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com>, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@> wrote:

The reason Gerda wanted to use the convertible free motion set was
to get the metal foot with the small eyelet. The QC foot that comes
with the 12000 is plastic and larger than the metal foot in the
convertible set.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com>, freida <freida@> wrote:

There is a convertible free motion set for the 12000 and it comes
with
the machine. The difference is the feet snap on to the shank and
do not
screw on. It comes with the same 3 feet that the original convertible
free motion set has. If you are using one from your 11000 or any
other
machine, you take the chance of damaging your machine and possibly
voiding your warranty.

--
Freida Doubts
Sew E-Z