Re: Hemming Chiffon

Virginia

Go to the Janome website there is a video on doing a rolled hem.  You start with a long thread and fold over and do a few straight stitches and then roll the hem and sew slowly.  You can also try a washaway stabilizer underneath to give the chiffon some stability.  I like using my serger for rolled hems rather than my 12,000 it gives me more freedom and much easier to do.

Virginia

In a message dated 4/22/2013 9:19:38 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, kmccue@... writes:

I have had my 12000 2 months now and I am attempting my first 1/4 inch rolled hem on a chiffon prom dress. Anyone have a suggestion for how to make this go smoothly? So far the fabric has puckered and twisted under the rolled hem foot. Help!
Katy