From: Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
To: janome12000 <janome12000@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sat, Apr 13, 2013 12:24 am
Subject: [janome12000] Re:loops on top

We need more information. What type of thread? What type of fabric? What type of stabilizer? What type and size needle?

If there are very short stitches in the design, a needle that is too large can cause a loop, because both ends of the stitch are in the same hole. Very dense designs can also cause loops. With more information we should be able to provide some helpful advice.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, cladydi328@ wrote:

Jim, Please help. I am embroidering a hoopsisters quilt. It is the star and feather(new one). Doing the embroidery I am starting to get loops on top. I have a new needle and have slowed down the machine. What else do I need to do? The embroidery on the first square had maybe three loops but on it, this second one I've already gotten 5 and am not finished. It was digitized by Sharon Shombler and it is beautiful. Please help. The material and thread is too expensive for this to mess up.
Thanks,
Diane in NC