Re: Switching needle plates on 12000...

Pinguin

Hello Chris,

when you watch this on You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXPmfy1wbHQ&feature=related

you can see how switching the needle plate is done (at about 1 minute in the movie) and how far you have to push the lever down.

Gerda

Op 18-10-11 18:19, christitch schreef:

Hi, Jim. I'm enjoying playing with my new machine, but have hit a slight snag. I want to pop out one needle plate for another and have followed instructions on page 100 of the new instruction book.

Here's my issue. When I go to push down the needle plate release lever it moves loosely up and down by 1/4" or so. If I try to push any further I meet resistance. How far does the lever go down when it releases the needle plate on your machine? Does your lever move loosely before you push further?

I don't want to push too hard and break anything - unless I'm supposed to be pushing hard!

Thanks for any suggestion you can offer me...

Chris