Flower Stitcher

Pinguin

I have a generic flower stitcher, but it is for low shank machines. It fits my Pfaff, but doesn't work well as it interferes with the IDT (double transport, walking foot attachment)

The Janome is high shank, so the flower attachment doesn't come down enough to touch the machine bed. As it doesn't need the feed dogs to work, do you think it would be OK to put a layer of something (I don't know what yet) on the machine bed? Thick enough to cover the difference between the low and the high shank.

Or is there a flower stitch attachment available for the Janome 12000

Thanks,
Gerda