Re: Problems with embroidering wider satin stitches

Vikki Youngmeyer

Not all designs “translate” 100 percent into other formats. If one creates a design using PEF format, it doesn’t always come out perfectly when transferred to other formats.  Also, how many times has it been reconstructed for different formats? You start with a format for Brother machines and translate it into a format for Pfaff machines then take that format and create a JEF format. I’m getting dizzy just thinking about this!

So maybe after three or four translations it finally becomes a Janome JEF file. However, it’s not perfect, but we got it from a friend of a friend of a friend! Don’t tell me we are all holier than thou and don’t do this. In addition one may have a legitimate copy of the design. However, it was built using one format, changed to another format – by the designer and JEF format is down the list. It’s one thing if the file went from PES format to JEF, but a completely different scenario if it went from DST to PES to HUS and finally to JEF. Every extension change is only as good as the software doing it – most are good most of the time; however, some of the strokes don’t always get transferred correctly. It depends on the software used and the specific algorithm used to translate it.

If one is going to translate files then one needs to know under which format the file was originally created and go back to that original format to translate into each different format.  From my experience, development in PES and DST formats seem to be predominant.

Vikki

Houston, TX