Problems with embroidering wider satin stitches

Pinguin

Hello,

today I was embroidering a design and when it reached a part with 7 mm wide satin stitches, the machine cut the thread and paused (without finishing the colour).
When I continued it made one stitch and cut the thread again. And again etc.

I forwarded to a part with smaller stitches and then it continued. This happened again in another part with wider stitches (7-9 mm, not super wide)

Has anyone experienced this before and what can I do about it (apart from bringing the design in my software and shorten the stitches)

Thanks for any input,
Gerda