Re: Downsizing

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Just be careful not to make the mistake that one of our customers did. She carefully put all of her software CDs in cases and stored them in a fireproof safe. Then she threw away all of the CD cases ... and the license keys and serial numbers necessary to install the programs!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, vicki chrobak <tulsajo1@...> wrote:

I also store my designs on a cloud drive & USB for added insurance.
Might be overkill but many of us have a somewhat big investment,
financially & propietarily speaking. There are several free cloud
drives including Amazon. And extra storage can be bought.
Vicki Jo

On 3/26/2013 9:50 AM, Jim_Stutsman wrote:
Since your object is to downsize, more than make money, I would suggest that you use your external floppy drive to copy each floppy to a folder on your computer. Then burn all of those folders to a CD for long-term storage. Once you have verified that the CD is readable, destroy the floppies and sell the external floppy drive.