Switching needle plates on 12000...

christitch <nckrause@...>

Hi, Jim. I'm enjoying playing with my new machine, but have hit a slight snag. I want to pop out one needle plate for another and have followed instructions on page 100 of the new instruction book.

Here's my issue. When I go to push down the needle plate release lever it moves loosely up and down by 1/4" or so. If I try to push any further I meet resistance. How far does the lever go down when it releases the needle plate on your machine? Does your lever move loosely before you push further?

I don't want to push too hard and break anything - unless I'm supposed to be pushing hard!

Thanks for any suggestion you can offer me...

Chris