Re: Nests

Glynnis Ballou

Alice - have you tried raising the height of the embroidery foot?  It may be getting stuck on some dense areas, leading to nesting.  Just a thought.

Glynnis in KY

From: Alice Cromer
To: janome12000@...
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2013 6:26 PM
Subject: RE: [janome12000] Re: Nests

Thanks for the responses to my post about thread nests.  I stitched out a sample this afternoon.  The thread was in the take up lever- yes all the way in.  I opened the door and looked.  I still got intermittent thread nests.
I am winding my own bobbins with Janome bobbin thread.  These are the bobbins  and thread that came with the machine.  I also tried Bottom Line in the bobbin.  I am using the embroidery bobbin case with the yellow dot.  It and the bobbin seem to be correctly in place.

I also use my 12000 for sewing and never have a problem.  In fact, I absolutely LOVE it.  I am an experienced quilter and machine embroiderer.  I just can’t figure out what’s going on here.  The machine will stitch perfectly then start “nesting” when you least expect it.

Thanks for your help.  I’m not giving up until I get this figured out.

Alice in Florida