Re: Stitch issue on 7700

Karen

i think when you use the dual feed 1/4 inch piecing foot, your needle position moves to the right and you can't use your single stitch needle plate.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Fmjfrazier@... wrote:

When using the dual feed foot for piecing stitch be sure you engage the
dual feed foot and carefully switch to the single hole plate. That may help.
Be sure you are using the right size needle and that there is no burr on
the needle.

Virginia

In a message dated 3/23/2013 4:59:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pjrulo@... writes:

Jim,

My question is for the 7700 machine and I'm, hoping you might have some
ideas as to what could cause my issue. I'm using Masterpiece thread, accufeed
1/4 inch foot on quilt stitch 93 piecing quilts. I thought the machine
needed to be serviced so I took it in for maintenance. The top thread was
making a tiny loop on the bottom fabric every once in a while. When it came
back from the technician at first it would sew about 2 inches then the
stitches would get very tiny and the fabric wouldn't feed thru. I rethreaded,
changed the needle, turned it off, turned it on, changed the top tension to 6
and finally it stopped doing this but now it does the little top loop on the
bottom side about every 2 inches. I spent most of the afternoon yesterday
at the shop. They tried everything, changed the foot, changed the bobbin
case, all sorts of other things and finally told me I had to leave the
machine. They were going to call Janome. Do you have any idea what could cause t
his issue? Your opinion is very much appreciated!

BTW - I love the Volume 1 video guide for the 12000, can't wait to see the
next one!

Thanks!
Pam