Re: Nests

vicki chrobak

One tiny little thing Alice: is your thread audibly "clicking" in between step 1 & 2? I lay my thread in at 1 then grab with my right hand to the right of 1 and hold until bringing over take-up lever at 4. That click is a must with these machines.
Vicki Jo

On 3/23/2013 5:26 PM, Alice Cromer wrote:

Thanks for the responses to my post about thread nests.  I stitched out a sample this afternoon.  The thread was in the take up lever- yes all the way in.  I opened the door and looked.  I still got intermittent thread nests.

I am winding my own bobbins with Janome bobbin thread.  These are the bobbins  and thread that came with the machine.  I also tried Bottom Line in the bobbin.  I am using the embroidery bobbin case with the yellow dot.  It and the bobbin seem to be correctly in place.

I also use my 12000 for sewing and never have a problem.  In fact, I absolutely LOVE it.  I am an experienced quilter and machine embroiderer.  I just can’t figure out what’s going on here.  The machine will stitch perfectly then start “nesting” when you least expect it.

Thanks for your help.  I’m not giving up until I get this figured out.