Re: Introducing myself

thedoghouse50 <thedoghouse50@...>

Thanks Jim. I think need to see this machine in action to really appreciate all it has to offer. I know this group will be a great help.

Welcome Julie!

Traditionally Janome has used a device called a "Clothsetter" to align designs. It's a mechanical device designed to ensure accurate placement of the fabric in the hoop. There currently is no Clothsetter for the 12000, much to everyone's consternation, but we have been told one is coming. Even without it, placement is not that difficult because the Janome software allows printing of templates for designs and we can use those to aid in getting the fabric in the hoop. It's not necessary to get it dead on, only straight. Then one can use the screen of the machine to adjust the hoop position for