Re: Introducing myself

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Welcome Julie!

Traditionally Janome has used a device called a "Clothsetter" to align designs. It's a mechanical device designed to ensure accurate placement of the fabric in the hoop. There currently is no Clothsetter for the 12000, much to everyone's consternation, but we have been told one is coming. Even without it, placement is not that difficult because the Janome software allows printing of templates for designs and we can use those to aid in getting the fabric in the hoop. It's not necessary to get it dead on, only straight. Then one can use the screen of the machine to adjust the hoop position for accurate placement.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Jules Porter <thedoghouse50@...> wrote:

HiI am Julie and I live in the UK.
I have just joined and am so glad to have found this group as I am considering getting the 12000.  I havent owned a Janome before I have a Brother and a Husqvarna Viking. There isnt much info on the machine at the moment so I would appreciate it if you could answer something for me?  How do you align/join large embroidery designs as this is one of the main features I am looking at on these top end machines.
Thanks Julie