Re: DVD player

Jan Driscoll

Thank you very much for the good advice.  I will wait……………

Jan

From: janome12000@... [mailto:janome12000@...] On Behalf Of Jim_Stutsman
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2011 2:11 PM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: [janome12000] Re: DVD player

The price is OK. That's about $20 off the regular price. It will *PROBABLY* work. I say that because right now the 12000 has no support for external CD drives. It is supposedly coming in a future update, but right not it's not available. The other caveat is about the drive itself. Janome made their CD drive so it would operate on very low power, from the meager amount of power offered by the USB ports on their machines. When using non-Janome drives it is usually necessary to have an external power supply. If you are buying a CD or DVD player for use with the 12000, make sure it has that supply. It also would be a good idea to wait for the update to see exactly what works and what doesn't!