Re: Is there any way to get a viking ankle to work on Janome

Julie

Tracy, I’ve not been able to get it to work on the Janome.  Perhaps someone else might know a trick.

I have a Designer SE – so when I need one of the 45-50 wonderful feet that I have for that machine, I have to use the machine itself.  Actually, I was trying to make a buttonhole on the MC12000 last week and the buttonhole foot does not make a buttonhole longer than a tiny bit over 1”.  I had a button that was 1 1/8 and it would not fit in the foot to make that size buttonhole.  I had to make my buttonhole on the Viking and use the Viking Buttonhole foot.   It will make just about any size buttonhole.  With the Janome it’s possible to make longer buttonholes, but you have to use a regular foot and then hope that you can keep everything straight.  I’ve not had good luck doing that.

Julie

Is there any way to get a viking ankle to work on Janome

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:53 am (PST) . Posted by:

"nursetracy79" nursetracy79

I have had a viking D1 for many years so I have lots of feet. I was wondering if anyone out there had figured out how to get a viking ankle to work on this machine, it seems like it wouldn't line up correctly. If anyone has done this or has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Tracy in WY