Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:11 PM
Subject: Re: [janome12000] Re: acufil kit review

I do own MBX and the reason I love the Acufil is because of the calculating part of the program as well as being able to know the number of hoopings and being able to put in my measurements to determine the borders.

I find that both MBX and the Acufil program can work hand in hand for me.   If  I choose to do stipple, I can adjust my loop spacing in the MBX and then save as a JEF and import into the quilt program.  That way I am not limited to the stipple designs that default in the quilt program.

Last but most least I love the 8,7 X 8.7 sewing area in the quilting hoop.  I also use it for a lot of my embroidering and do not waste as much stabilizer as I do using the larger hoops in the 12,000 when I do not need to.

I love quilting, but I am an in the hoop quilter and most of my quilts I do with the Hoopsisters designs.  I finish the quilts with my own borders and in the hoop.  Not being or feeling comfortable with free motion I guess I depend on the program more than others do.

Virginia

In a message dated 1/23/2013 5:34:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, gbmko@... writes:

Dear Virginia,
Thank you for the suggestion, but I did read the help files completely, and if need be, could design a wonderful quilt pattern with the program to "highlight" its features, but it is way too limiting. I do not design my quilts based on the limitations of a software program, but decide on the designs and expect to be able to recreate it in my software , in the size, etc, I desire.

do you by chance own MBX, and if so , could you explaind why you would use the acufil over MBX? I still see no reason to ever use the acufil software.

But I do like the hoop! Wish it was an option to have bought without paying for the software.