Re: Embf folder and other dislikes

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

You can create folders (up to 100) on the USB stick for your 12000. Just make sure that each folder is inside the EMB folder, and you don't make folders within folders. Also, USB sticks that are larger than 2GB will operate slower.

--- In janome12000@..., "bbathe46" wrote:

Hi,
I have the Janome 12000 plus the Designer Diamond Deluxe and a Brother 10 needle machine. What I don't like about the Janome is that you have to put all the designs in the Embf folder to stich them out and you can't make individual folders to organize them. Maybe I'm missing something but I recent put lots if designs on a stick and each time I went back to pick another design to stitch out, it took forever for the machine to read the USB stick. On my Viking and Brother, I can create folders and put the designs in each folder and the machines will read them. Also I find that when I bring the designs up in the touch screen of the Janome they are hard to see clearly. My designer shows them much clearer in a 3D view. I find the screen in general to be far inferior to the screens of my other TOL machines.
I do like the embroidery arm and the way that it folds up out of the way but don't care for the hoops. I find it practically impossible to hoop the fabric tightly no matter what I do. Like many of you, I wish that there was a mid-sized hoop.
Any suggestions on how to organize the designs on the stick so that it works more efficiently? At this point I am really thinking of selling the machine. Thanks for letting my vent.
Barbara