Re: Increasing stitch limit (was 12000/8900 Feet)

Virginia

I totally at one time agreed with everyone that felt a design over 100,000 stitches does take a long time, but many of us love the designs on Embroidery Library and are finding out that many of the newer designs that will fit our large GR hoop have over 100,000 stitches and we are limited to either an 8x8 or even in some instances  a 5x7.  Now I know many say but "We want a 5x7 hoop" but those of us that love our big hoop are limited.  The new machines in the other brands are coming out with the larger number of stitches.  Shouldn't we have that option as well?

Virginia

In a message dated 1/11/2013 4:55:21 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, ward.pm@... writes:

Janet, I totally agree with you on this.   I did stitch an 8 x 8 Emb LIbrary fall cornucopia with a saying about 2 years ago. I think it was between 60K and 80K stitches and I thought I would never get it finished. I was stitching at 700 spm and it still took hours and hours. I tolerated doing it because it was for a wall quilt for my mother.

I don't do many things like that and don't really want to.
Pat

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM, janetpiekarski <jsm1144@...> wrote:
Again, remember how long a design will take when you have more than 100,000 stitches. One example-120,000 at 800 stitches per minute would take 2.5 hours of STITCHING time, that doesn't include stopping for thread changes and bobbin changes.  I for one and not in favor of making the designs take a day to stitch! That is IMHO

--- In janome12000@..., "joylaytor"  wrote:

> I agree about increasing the 100,000 stitch limit and we should add this
> to the email to Janome.  I did email them about all these issues about a
> week ago and did get an email response saying they would let their team
> know.  We'll see what happensJoy
> --- In janome12000@..., Fmjfrazier@ wrote:
> >
> > I think perhaps increasing the stitch limit might be a good idea to
> add as

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: