Re: Advance Stitch count

vicki chrobak

On 12/29/2012 4:35 PM, jsoren@... wrote:
replaced my Designer SE with the Janome 12000 and have a question about selecting stitch number. On the Designer I could enter a specific stitch number to go to without having to press the advance key. For example if my design had 12000 stitches and I was at 1, I could enter stitch number 5000 and it would advance to that stitch instantly without cycling through the first 4999 stitches. I can't find a way to do that with my Janome. Which, if you accidentally hit the wrong key and it takes you back to the beginning and you were really at stitch 15000, and the only way you can get back there is press the + key until it cycles though all those stitches, is a real pain. Please tell me there is a way to do that. I'll still love my Janome if there isn't, but I'm hoping there is. Thanks!
Sorry jsoren, the 12000 doesn't have that feature. The closest you can come,to my knowledge, is use the color selection arrows along with the + or - keys. But being a 20+ year Husqvarna girl (& I still have my Ruby), I can say it's a small inconvenience. This machine is a true gem & workhorse. Not to mention that the accessories are much more affordable.

--
Vicki Jo