Re: Advance Stitch count

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

There's good news and bad news. The bad news is that you cannot enter a stitch number to go to directly. However the good news is that if you keep your finger on the plus button, the machine will initially advance 1 stitch at a time, then 10 at a time, and then 100 at a time. So you can get where you need to be pretty quickly. Also, if you have activated the Resume function in the Embroidery SET screen, whenever you stop embroidering you can turn the machine off and when you turn it back on it will pick up where you stopped. Finally, to skip to a specific section even faster, you can touch the last color that you want to skip, and stitching will start at the next color after that.

--- In janome12000@..., "jsoren@..." <jsoren@...> wrote:

I replaced my Designer SE with the Janome 12000 and have a question about selecting stitch number. On the Designer I could enter a specific stitch number to go to without having to press the advance key. For example if my design had 12000 stitches and I was at 1, I could enter stitch number 5000 and it would advance to that stitch instantly without cycling through the first 4999 stitches. I can't find a way to do that with my Janome. Which, if you accidentally hit the wrong key and it takes you back to the beginning and you were really at stitch 15000, and the only way you can get back there is press the + key until it cycles though all those stitches, is a real pain. Please tell me there is a way to do that. I'll still love my Janome if there isn't, but I'm hoping there is. Thanks!