Re: converting large designs to fit our hoops

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

I would hold off on using Embird for a while for two reasons:

1. Creating a custom hoop will not result in the correct code being put into the JEF design file. If the JEF file is not correctly formatted, it can cause the machine to malfunction.

2. Embird mistakenly assumed that designs for the 11000 had to be in JEF+ format. They did not quite reverse engineer that format correctly, and it caused problems for early adopters. The 12000 introduces the JPX format, which opens the door for further problems.

Give them a few months to work things out, and Embird should be fine.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Sherry Martin" <shejmartin@...> wrote:

I have a program called embird that I downloaded from the internet. In that program you can set up custom hoop sizes. I haven't tried it yet to see if it will work for the 12000 hoops.

It is a program kind of inbetween a really expensive program and the software that comes with the machine. You can do more editing than comes with machine, convert designs from other formats, buy extra text fonts,etc. It also has an upgrade that is a digitizing program but that is something I won't ever do, so the basic program works really good for me.