Re: dual feed

Julie

I love the dual feed attachment on the 12k machine.  With the 7700 it’s very difficult to change the feet but with the 12k it’s really easy.  You won’t have good stitching with the dual feed and 12k, however, if you don’t engage it.  Without the dual feed I would not be able to sew silky type fabrics or lining, but it does it beautifully.  I would take the 12k dual feed over the 7700 anytime.  If it is popping out on you, then perhaps you don’t have it engaged correctly or the dealer needs to look at it.

Julie

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:03 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Fmjfrazier@..." fraziervirginia85

I know exactly what you mean. I am truly not impressed with the
attachment and how it works. I have the 7700 and decided that the dual feed was
much better than my 12,000, Just a small hint the new machine coming out
October 20th to replace the 7700 which I believe is called the 8700 has the
same foot set up as the 12,000. I have decided the 7700 is the better and I
am going to keep my 7700 for a long time

Virginia.

In a message dated 10/17/2012 5:00:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
qpierce@... writes:

Hi,

Has anyone ever had a problem with the dual feed device popping out so
that it isn't engaged? I did alot of in the ditch and was having problems with
the feed and realized that it had popped out so I have to keep checking
the back of the foot where it attaches on the bar to make sure it is still
engaged.