Re: Remote Thread Cutting Pedal

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

While the 8200/8900 machines were based on the 12000, the thread cutting port almost certainly requires hardware that the 12000 does not have. It would also require a software update to the 12000 to implement such a port.

--- In janome12000@..., "berninahusq" <berninahusq@...> wrote:

--- In janome12000@..., "pam.fromthecraftroom" <fromthecraftroom@> wrote:

The MC8900 comes with a remote thread cutter port, so the machine can be used on a quilt frame or with the optional remote thread cutting pedal. is this what you are talking about?
Yes, My dealer also told me that the remote thread cutting pedal attaches to a remote thread cutter port. i wonder if the port is on the larger foot pedal that I also ordered so that the remote thread cutting pedal would work on the MC12000. This is my first Janome and there is no mention of it in its manual.