Re: Newbie with problems using Madeira Lana

marianne_bags <marianne_bags@...>

if you do a google search you'll find some helpful site for sewing and embroidery in particular. I like thesewingforum.co.uk and emblibrary.com, as they have lots of good advice. you can search thesewingforum for info on machine embroidery and there will be lots to help you get started.
marianne

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "forestpony@..." <doodlespot@...> wrote:

Hi All
I have only had my 12000 for 3 days and am trying to teach myself as the tuition offered is over 4 and a half hours away, which means I can't just go and ask. My dealer who is much closer doesn't really have many answers
I think the 12000 is fantastic and so far the only problem I have had is with Madeira Lana which I use when appliqueing. It is thick and fragile so I am using the same topstitch needles I used with my old machine (Viking Sapphire) BUT the thread just keeps on breaking, I have attempted to alter the upper tension but so far I am not winning
I am using regular thread in the bobbin.
Does anyone have any tips please - I would be very grateful