Re: Hi and a couple of questions

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Vickie we've used several different threads in both needle and bobbin, with no issues at all. Tension has been perfect with everything. When altering some jeans for our granddaughter, Diane was impressed by the machine sensing the fabric and applying just the right amount of pressure. She used a triple stitch to duplicate the look of the original stitching and you can't tell they didn't come from the factory. Perfect tension!

The 20 feet include all the usual suspects, basically 9mm versions of the standard feet that have always been included with top of line Janome models. The Teflon (Ultra Glide) foot is not included, and I suspect the 9mm version of that foot is not yet available to dealers. You can use the 7mm foot for your project if you get a high shank foot holder to attach it. You can either use the foot holder from the 7700 (Part #846572004) or the 11000 (Part #830504017).

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "stitchnpatch" <stitchnpatch@...> wrote:

Hi - my name is Vicki and I live in the UK. I'm really looking forward to getting my machine which I hope will be delivered by the end of the month. I do have a couple of questions for those of you who already are playing with your machines - sounds like you are having great fun.

When embroidering what type of threads are you using in the needle and in the bobbin and have you had any issues with tension?

Feet - all of the advertising literature says there are 20 feet but doesn't say what they are, is there one suitable for stitching leather eg a teflon foot? I only ask as I am doing a workshop in November when we shall be embroidering on leather then making it into a bag. The embroidering isn't an issue but the construction might be.

Thanks
Vicki