Making adjustments to a Janome made Kenmore

Jeff Turek

Good afternoon group. I have a Kenmore 100Stitch sewing machine made by Janome. I am troubleshooting the machine for a problem I'm having with shedding thread. I have the adjusters manual to check thread clearances, needle to hook clearances, needle bar height, etc., but I'm stymied by the tests all requiring a set of testing gauges to set clearances rather than just using standard feeler gauges as I can with all my Singers. Have any of you discovered a work-around for setting these tolerances?

Thanks for your help!

Jeff in VA