Re: edge to edge quilting

Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...>

Favy has lots of good things to say about Hatch v3. I will probably upgrade in a few months. It would benefit me to watch the Hatch videos, too. I'll have to put it on my list! I thought that when I retired I'd have all this time to do things. Maybe there are too many things that I want to do and they have to go under the list of the things I have to do. I'm pretty impressed with all of the things that you have accomplished since you retired. I think you must move faster than I do!
:-)
Kathy

On Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 12:04:43 PM CDT, Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam@...> wrote:

Thanks Kathy.  I have used this approach for other non-stretchy, hard to hoop multi-things, like towels, tote bags, and placemats.

I did enjoy the getaway and have watched a number of the Hatch videos.  Am probably going to upgrade soon to v3.

Pixey

On Jun 21, 2022, at 11:56 AM, Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...> wrote:

Hi Pixey,
Thank you very much. That makes perfect sense. The idea looks great for quilting. But I don't quilt.
I hope you enjoyed your getaway and had success getting reacquainted with Hatch!
Kathy

On Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 10:12:37 AM CDT, Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam@...> wrote:

Hi Kathy,

It seems to me that if you wanted to try and adapt this technique (using the magnets for t-shirts), you need to use a good fusible or sticky back stabilizer on the back of the shirt, including where the magnets go.  Otherwise the shirt will have too much stretch and badly distort.

Pixey

On Jun 19, 2022, at 10:55 PM, Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...> wrote:

Thank you. That's wonderful! Would it also work on things that were not thick, like t-shirts?
Kathy

On Sunday, June 19, 2022, 03:24:12 PM CDT, Diane Stutsman via groups.io <diane.stutsman@...> wrote:

This works great for embroidery. I just embroidered 20 beach towels that were too thick to hoop.