Re: edge to edge quilting

Pixey

Thanks Kathy.  I have used this approach for other non-stretchy, hard to hoop multi-things, like towels, tote bags, and placemats.

I did enjoy the getaway and have watched a number of the Hatch videos.  Am probably going to upgrade soon to v3.

Pixey

On Jun 21, 2022, at 11:56 AM, Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...> wrote:

Hi Pixey,
Thank you very much. That makes perfect sense. The idea looks great for quilting. But I don't quilt.
I hope you enjoyed your getaway and had success getting reacquainted with Hatch!
Kathy

On Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 10:12:37 AM CDT, Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam@...> wrote:

Hi Kathy,

It seems to me that if you wanted to try and adapt this technique (using the magnets for t-shirts), you need to use a good fusible or sticky back stabilizer on the back of the shirt, including where the magnets go.  Otherwise the shirt will have too much stretch and badly distort.

Pixey

On Jun 19, 2022, at 10:55 PM, Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...> wrote:

Thank you. That's wonderful! Would it also work on things that were not thick, like t-shirts?
Kathy

On Sunday, June 19, 2022, 03:24:12 PM CDT, Diane Stutsman via groups.io <diane.stutsman@...> wrote:

This works great for embroidery. I just embroidered 20 beach towels that were too thick to hoop.