Re: This is for Jim re embroidery files

Jim Stutsman

First some clarification - AcuEdit is a Janome app, not mine. There are a lot of videos on YouTube on how to use AcuEdit. This link will get you started:
     https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=acuedit+janome

Another app that is great for managing your designs is StitchBuddy. It has some nice management features and can send your designs to AcuEdit. Having your designs only on the iPad is not a problem as long as you have the iPad back up automatically. But if you run out of storage on iCloud, or you don't back up when you charge, you could lose them. The same goes for USB flash drives. They have a lifetime, and will wear out over time. When that happens whatever is on them is lost. I suggest that everyone follow the 3-2-1 backup rule, which I haven't posted in a while. Here it is:

3: Have at least 3 copies of any digital content you don't want to lose.

2: Store it on at least 2 different types of media. (Those old 3 ½ inch floppies aren't much use now!)

1: At least one copy of your data should be in a different location to guard against fire, theft, etc. I use BackBlaze for this.