Re: Info on the M17

Cat - N

I was curious what was included in the demo but, although the conversation between them was delightful, to be honest, it seemed like a kinda brief-ish mention of certain features…not an in depth demonstration of the machine…likely due to them just starting to evaluate the machine, too.  I’m there are other videos being made…probably everywhere as the machines become available. The dealer nearest me doesn’t know when an M17 with be in their shop, or didn’t when I was there. I did find it interesting that he said the M17 recognized the hoop he attached to the embroidery unit as “the wrong one”, and the ‘micro embroidery’ aspect being described as ‘like the MB4’ has, and the stitch regulator technology…and a few other things.   The thing that bothers me most (so far?) is the lack of a free arm.  Without a free arm, it cannot be an ‘only’ machine for my purposes. So, I will be taking my time evaluating it. I have a wonderful 15000, a wonderful 11000, and a wonderful sewing only machine so I’m not the least bit in any hurry at the moment.  The machine wasn’t available at the Daytona quilt show, but Jacksonville Quiltfest in September will likely have the M17 in person, and a Janome rep on-site. I’ve got plenty to do until then anyway. Lol

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.

On Apr 28, 2022 at 1:16 PM, <Kathy Skagen> wrote:

Oh! I'm avoiding it--I don't want to start coveting it! Ha Ha. I am a new owner of a used 15000 and I still need to learn all there is to know about using it. But thanks for letting me know--I may just break down and see all the new features.
Kathy

On Thursday, April 28, 2022, 12:00:36 PM CDT, Cat - N via groups.io <navillusc@...> wrote:

You can replay it, Kathy. I wasn’t home when it was live but I replayed it this morning.

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.

On Apr 28, 2022 at 12:49 PM, <Kathy Skagen> wrote:

Great! I didn't watch it, lol.

On Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 05:45:03 PM CDT, Carolyn Gazerro <carolyngazerro@...> wrote:

Kathy,

loved the Janome Canada video!