Re: 15000

Sandra Wheeler

The spring is there, I can see it. It looks exactly the same as my 11000.  The check spring on the bottom is there and moves when it should.

This has happened with two different threads.  One was a metallic so that certainly could be a kink.  The thread I'm using now is Gutterman poly.  And I always thread from left to right so it crosses below the lever.  It used to come out all the time on my 6600 until I started threading left to right.

This machine hasn't really been used that much. I bought it late Sept 2017. It spent most of 2020 locked up because of covid, I've only had it back about a year.  It shows 1406 h 14 m turned on, 101 h 19 m stitching.

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 2:03 PM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
There is a small spring clip in the take-up lever that keeps the thread from coming out. The red arrow in the photo points to the clip. Open the door on the machine and confirm that the clip is still there. It's rare for it not to be, but if it has somehow been removed a new take-up lever would be required. This would require the servicing dealer to order the part and perform a very involved repair to replace it. That means $$$.

Assuming that the clip is still there and closing all the way after threading, then the only other way for the thread to come out is for a loop to flip up over the take-up lever and snapping into the eyelet past the clip.This can happen if the check spring at the bottom of the tension assembly is stuck, broken, or out of adjustment. Its job is to keep the thread from going slack while the needle is coming up out of the fabric. If you open the door of the machine while threading, right after you make the U-turn you should see that spring move when you pull up on the thread.

There is only one other possibility that I can think of. Some threads tend to be on the wiry side, with a memory of how they were wound on the spool. They may have enough kink to loop over the take-up, causing the thread to escape. For that you can try threading a little differently. Usually you put the thread in the take-up eyelet by holding it in both hands and pulling down. The thread enters the eyelet on the right and exits on the left. Switch hands so that the thread enters from the left and exits from the right. This creates an X pattern and seems to help with this problem. Hope this helps!