STD Foot

Cynthia Dickerson

I started to use my STD foot for the first time.  It is in the Acufed section of our foot box so I assumed it used the HP needle plate which I put on and the HP sewing choices came up on my sewing machine screen.  Now the STD foot is a straight stitch foot and I clicked on the straight stitch on the sewing machine settings and the HP plate is for straight stitch sewing.   I started to sew and immediately broke a needle that poked me in the cheek!  I was obviously not in the right setup.  I am not sure what I did wrong, but I changed out to the regular sewing plate and then used the STD foot.  I did love the foot, but I still am not sure why this did not work. I can't seem to really find if I used the wrong plate.  I checked on Jims foot book and it did not mention which plate to use.  Does anyone know the correct setup for this foot?  Thanks for any help!