Re: Janome9900/Elna860

Lyn Quine

I had similar with my 15000, I was terrified!  I put a new bobbin case in as my original had been punctured with a needle strike, I filed it and it was working fine but I wanted a new one, so replaced it.  Hadn’t been using it more than 5 minutes and it dislodged and jammed, the spring at the front gouged a groove in the side.  I put my old case back in and it worked fine, ordered a new one, and that bounces, so spent best part of £60 and I’m still using the original.  I did double check that I had the correct one, because the quiltmaker 15 has a different case to a V2 model.  Janome won’t take it on board that there maybe a problem with either of the new cases.  Got the first from a dealer the second from Janome UK.

On 14 Dec 2021, at 22:38, nancy chachere via groups.io <Nchachere@...> wrote:

 I dislodged the bobbin case and it works!!!

On Dec 14, 2021, at 2:32 PM, Nancy Chachere <nchachere@...> wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply.  When I went to take out bobbin case, it seems to be stuck.  What is the best way to remove?

On Dec 14, 2021, at 2:19 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Remove the needle plate and bobbin case. Turn the hand wheel through a couple of stitch cycles. If it is hard to turn, it may be a bushing failure which will require dealer intervention. If it turns easily, put everything back together and try again, including rethreading. It the hand wheel turned without a bobbin case, but is hard to turn with it installed, either it's not in correctly, or it is damaged and is dragging on the hook race.