Re: Embroidery software

Helene B

I have used Embird for years and find it a really good program

On Dec 13, 2021, at 7:29 AM, Patricia Ward <ward.pm@...> wrote:

I personally would update the Embird to the 2022 and stay with that. There seems to be more support for it as far as written tutorials and an io groups list called Absolutely Embird.  I have not seen much support for Embrilliance.

Personally I really like Hatch and use that.

If you could afford Artistic Digitizer when they offer special coupons for a good price then you could get great support from Ann Hein, a Janome educator who does live video classes on FB nearly each week. She also has many past videos and help files listed on the sight. She may be able to give you a clue as to when it will go on sale again. She is a very good instructor.
Why am I not using that?  I already had Hatch when that AD program started.

Pat in Md

On Dec 13, 2021, at 10:16 AM, Kathy Strabel <ksbappa@...> wrote:

Please advise if this post is inappropriate.

I am beginning to think about switching from one third-party embroidery program to another third-party program. The machine-branded programs are out of my budget's reach; my hobby dollars simply do not stretch that far.

I currently use Embird, which is the first platform I tried many years ago and I have stuck with it ever since. However, it is often very quirky, and technical help is very spotty, save for one person who is a volunteer and who does a great job. But I have no idea how long she will want to keep doing this service.

I am thinking about the Embrilliance platform. I have never seen it in person, only what I have seen on-screen and no one I know uses this platform. I do not require every bell and whistle from this platform, I believe that the Essentials, Thumbnailer, and Enthusiast modules would be quite sufficient for my needs and skill level. I do not intend to do any digitizing of my own designs, etc.  I do like doing lettering, merging, and some removing of pieces of commercially purchased designs

Can anyone offer an opinion  and/or their comparison of current Embird Basic and the Embrilliance modules mention above?  What do you like or not like about either of the platforms?

Thank you--and happy stitching!!
Kathy Strabel   Camas WA