Re: Top thread bunching and shredding

Charlene Kay Bergren

Hi Jim – I have started having the identical problem with my Janome 500E of the thread being “shredded” on the top thread.  There is absolutely NOTHING that I have not changed, or tried. . .  including several different brands of thread, needles, sizes of needles, (all have been embroidery needles) cleaned, oiled, new bobbin holder, bobbin holder with the yellow dot, different bobbins, self-wound bobbins, purchased wound bobbins.  I’m out of ideas.

Will be watching for any suggestions you may have.  You have been so generous in the past with all ideas, so I’m hoping you have a fix for this one.

Thanks in advance Jim!

Kay Bergren