Re: Drop Box

Maria Morrow <mariamorrowquilter@...>

Dropbox is yours anywhere you login to it.  If you login on your pc, mac,
Phone, tablet, it is there—-but it is there for anyone to see if you don’t have a password lock on your device.

I have benefited from Dropbox a thousand times in 5 years.  I can look at my recipes when at the grocery  store.   I can look at the quilt pattern to see how many yards of this or that I need.   I can send files to people anywhere, anytime.

You can have a lot more in Dropbox than you have space for on a device.   I have a lot of folders in the cloud that I don’t need all the time. I can mark those to be visible on a local device, and they take up space there;  or mark them for the cloud only.  Then I click on the glove up top (on my Mac) and can go directly to the cloud.

There is a learning curve...like everything.

My other favorite app is 1Password.  I have all my passwords, account numbers, etc in this app.  I login with the one password and choose what I want to login to. 1Password launches the web page and fills the username and password fields.  If I’m required to change the password, I can change it and 1Password asks me if I want to update it.  One caveat—if I ever forget that single password, the company itself (1Password) cannot and would not give it to me.  It is so heavily encrypted that they can never help you reset it.  I paid $50 for the lifetime app rather than a monthly maintenance amount.  Best app I’ve ever used.

Maria Morrow
Mobile:  985-640-5024

On Oct 31, 2021, at 4:18 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Each computer that Dropbox is installed on looks like a "place" in the file system on that computer. So to get a design into HLS you would just use the normal open function and go to Dropbox on the PC in the file open dialog.