From: Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...>
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Oct 31, 2021 2:06 pm
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] AcuEdit

Fiona,
You are very welcome! When we all first got started, it was like learning a foreign language. I read the manual for my digitizing program twice and it didn't make any sense at all. Neither did the embroidery part. So, I understand how you feel. Today, we have tons of You Tube videos that will will help a lot. There are also Facebook groups like this one that will happily answer questions.
Do you have a shop in your area that gives classes? You could try the dealer that you bought your machine from. Hands on lessons really help. Even over Zoom.
Conquering mug rugs is good accomplishment! You just need to know the basics of embroidery to get started and then its the more you do, the more comfortable you become, and the more you learn from what you have done. It sounds like your T-shirt issues were probably due to stabilizer. Use cutaway stabilizer on knits and tear away on woven fabrics. The cutaway keeps the knit under the embroidery design from stretching and causing puckers and broken threads.
The group I was in has evolved into a new group after the lady who was so much help to me passed away. I am by no means an expert but I am happy to help you in any way that I can. My email is kagen48@....
Kathy

On Sunday, October 31, 2021, 08:12:11 AM CDT, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

Thank you so much Kathy I really appreciate it. I so wish I had someone close to me who could teach me more I have had my HMC 15000 for a number of years and just mostly sew on it as I am not that knowledgeable with the embroidery part ie what fabric and stabilizer to use etc. The only thing I managed to conquer is mug rugs but there I basically follow the instructions. I tried a t-shirt and it came out great until I washed it and it all puckered. If you know of anyone in your group that would be willing to help me and is in my area I would love to meet them. I live close to Niagara Falls, ON Canada.
Anyway thank you again for the help I really really really appreciate it.

Fiona

On Oct 30, 2021, at 7:35 PM, Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...> wrote:

Fiona,
I have made a folder in 'my documents' called "My embroidery designs" with subfolders inside it. Some folders are labeled by category (animals, babies, etc.) and some are labeled by the name of the website/company I got them from (Anita Goode Designs, Urban Threads, etc.) and I have a folder named 'my designs' for the ones that I have created myself. I have subfolders in the subfolders to help me organize and find things. That has worked well for me and was recommended by Maggie Cooper who taught me to digitize. She had an amazing amount of knowledge.
I need to than Lynn for reminding me just now that I need to back them up again!
Kathy
On Saturday, October 30, 2021, 02:30:55 PM CDT, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

How many designs can AcuEdit hold? How else should I be storing all my embroidery designs?

Fiona