Re: Metallic threads

Jo Lynch <jolynch12@...>

Thank you Jim, since reading  your reply I have put a new Christmas design in not used any spray on a new spool of thread, still no problem  with a size 11 needle & it is stitching at 1,000SPMI am also using the GR hoop, must be the Australian luck   Will remember what you have said though
Thank you
Jo

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:58 AM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Metallic threads

Be careful about spraying silicone on thread BEFORE it goes through the tension. Over time the thread can carry the silicone onto the tension disks, where it can build up and begin reducing tension. It's better to apply after it comes out of the tension. There are some after-market products that are tiny sponges which stick to the machine in the thread path. You apply the silicone to the sponge. We've never found it necessary to lubricate the thread though. Using a topstitch size 14 needle is a big help.

As for taking to the roof, remember one has to suffer for one's art!

--- In janome12000@..., "Jo Lynch" wrote:
>
> I have not had any problems with Metalic thread on this machine. I give a puff of Silicone on the cone & just feed though the normal thread stand ---- this certainly was not the case with the 10 & 11. Jim I could not see myself climbing on the roof!!!!
> Cheers
> Jo

Join onlinesewing-janome@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.