Re: USB stick 550e

Lindsey Palmer

Hi Pixey,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I have both a Mac and and an iPad but do my embroidery stuff on my Mac almost exclusively as it sits right next to my machine.  I will update Stitch Buddy and give that a try right now, and will let you know how I do.  I will also continue to track down the proper software, disc or download.

Thanks again,
Lindsey

On Sep 22, 2021, at 1:05 PM, Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam@...> wrote:

Hi Lindsey,
I think you should be able to do what you need to do in StitchBuddy. That said, I do have the $9.99 upgraded Pro version on my iPad, not the free one.  So if the design you are trying to rotate and save is more than 1000 stitches, your free version may not work.  You don’t say whether you are using it on an iPad or a Mac.  If it is on the iPad (which I have) bring in the design, then click on the little wrench looking tool on the upper right of the screen.  That should open a menu that has rotate as a selection about 1/3 of the way down.

Since the 550e does not have WiFi capability, the tricky part is then getting the rotated design back over to the USB.  I use an iCloud file folder folder to move it between my PC and iPad (or I think Dropbox would work as well) and then save it from my PC (using the iCloud app) to my USB drive.  I would also suggest contacting a dealer or Janome to see about getting a copy of Embroidery Editor since it was not included with your machine.  They may can send you a link to a downloadable version.

Pixey

On Sep 22, 2021, at 1:55 PM, Lindsey Palmer <lindseypalmer2000@...> wrote:

Hi Pixey,

I am having a problem with a design not showing up as you have stated in the last paragraph of your email below. You also mention “using editor software that came with the machine” and unfortunately, mine did not come with that disk, which at the time I bought it wasn't a problem because my computer doesn’t have a disk drive,  so now I need to find a place to download that software in order to complete my project. The design is such that it will fit easily in the RE36b hoop if I rotate it 45 degrees. The only software I have at the moment is Stitch Buddy (free software) and Embroidery Tool Shed (that I purchased but haven't found to be very useful).  Any suggestions?

Lindsey

Thank you for these helpful hints!! Have not given up!!! Lol