Thank you, Cat!

Maria Morrow
Mobile:  985-640-5024

On Sep 15, 2021, at 4:22 PM, Cat - N via groups.io <navillusc@...> wrote:

The HP needle plate and foot were originally for use only with a 'professional quilting model' Janome machine.  Unless the machine has the correct programming, it will not be able to automatically detect the HP needle plate, and set the machine up properly to use the HP needle plate/foot.

As an example, I purchased a version 2 Janome 15000, but it came out before that quilting model, so I had to wait for the version 3 upgrade to be released (and installed on my machine) so my Janome 15000 had the necessary software programming to read the HP plate sensor, properly set the needle position, choose/display available stitches that can be used with that plate/foot, and lock out all features that might damage the machine if used with the HP needle plate/foot configuration.

- Cat

-----Original Message-----
From: Maria Morrow <mariamorrowquilter@...>
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Sep 15, 2021 10:12 am
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] HP use on other machine?

Hello,

I’d like to know which of these parts can be used in my Skyline S5?

HP plate
HP foot (not even feed)
HP ruler foot

Are there are pitfalls? (Like needle position etc.)

Benefits when applying binding?

And I did try to put the HP plate on.  It seemed fine.  But when I chose stitch 04 to move the needle to the left, there was a soft but very distinctive high-pitched whine.  I removed the plate, put my regular plate, snd chose stitch 04 and it was gone.  I guess that means I can’t use the HP plate and stitch 04....but any comments or experiences you relay are appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Maria