Re: Associating an Embroidery File Type with Software

Vivian

I have a Janome Memory Craft 15000. My computer is a HP Pavilion using Windows 10. I purchased the Perfect Stich Viewer (Embroidery file icon viewer) from
Dime inspiration software. I unzipped several files for viewing. None of my files can now be opened as a jef file. System says files are not associated with a file to open. Janome has a how to page on associating an embroidery file type with software which I followed (this is where I got the janome.ext information) I could not get it to work. I contacted Jim Stutsman and was lucky because he saw my email and responded. This is what he said: Typically it happens when you install a file like Iconizer or some other design utility. In order to display the design as an icon, it takes over the file association for all the design types, including JEF.  He included a link to lifewire.com and I followed the instructions but again could not get results. Jim suggested that I contact the group. I have tried to contact support from Dime, but can not get a connection. I will try FB to get a response. Any help you can give will be appreciated.
Vivian