Re: Associating an Embroidery File Type with Software

Pixey

Hi Vivian,
Out of curiosity which program did you get to view the pictures of the designs?

Also, what Janome embroidery machines do you have and what type of computer ( and operating system).  Many of the machines came with a PC-based software on a CD that lets you  to be open .JEF files and do basic editing to the design.  If not, there are a number of programs out there at different price points for opening and editing a design.  What are you wanting to do with the design when you open it?

I am not sure what you mean by associating a program with Janome.exe.

Pixey

On Aug 21, 2021, at 7:37 AM, Vivian via groups.io <Vivian.cranston@...> wrote:

I purchased a program that enabled me to view my jef files and went merrily along unzipiped  my files and saved them so I could see the pictures. HA! So when I go to open my saved file as a jef I am told there is no software to open it. I have the instructions on How To fix and I still can not get an association with Janome.EXE. I need more help as to what I may need to do to fix my files to open.