New Member

Cat - N

Oh my!  So sorry you were sold a ‘known dud’ but great the dealer made it right. I sympathize with your search…I literally made a huge spreadsheet when I was researching machines so I could compare specs, prices, etc., in an organized manner…lol. I still update it with new models, and I sent it to friends who were looking for machines, but it became too large to be emailed several years ago.  Not to worry…you will find ‘the machine’ you want.

Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.

On Aug 4, 2021 at 10:33 AM, <katz11west via groups.io> wrote:

Well I went and looked at the Janome 550 recently.  I got sidetracked when the dealer showed me a Bernina 830 embroidery machine they had taken in as a trade .  I was immediately impressed with all the bells and whistles and normally don't impulse buy thought I was getting a great machine pretty inexpensive
Anyhow to make a long story short, found out this is a machine that had a lot of problem and was discontinued.  Luckily I got my money back and now being offered the Janome 550 at a better price since they now called it an open box item.    Still not sure at this time of what I am really looking for.
thanks again for all the feedback I received.  Will keep everyone updated.