Re: The Janome Forum on Janome website

Lyn Quine

Sorry this is on the wrong post apologies.

On 27 Jul 2021, at 16:28, Lyn Quine <lynquine@...> wrote:

 If your top thread is showing or nesting underneath, it’s usually a top thread problem.  Could be fluff in the tension discs or the take up lever isn’t threaded correctly.  Clean the upper thread path, particularly through the discs.  Take the top thread off and rethread. If you are threading manually, make sure the foot is up until you get to the needle then put the foot down.  If using the threader, then just follow the instructions in the manual.  One way to test, whichever way you thread, once it’s threaded and the machine is ready to sew, put the foot down, don’t put top thread under the foot, hold it out to one side and pull slightly, if it feeds easily then the discs aren’t closed properly, if you feel tension on the thread then they are closed, lift the foot and the thread hold flow easily when pulled.

On 27 Jul 2021, at 16:06, Kathy Strabel <ksbappa@...> wrote:

Greetings---I am trying to log into the embroidery forum on the Janome website, I had forgotten my passwoord, so I asked for a temporary one so I could get in and change my password. Got the temporary password, used it to log in. Since the temporary password is not something logical that I would recall easily, I decided I wanted to change the password and I was presented with a way to do that., before proceeding on to the Topics portion of the forum. So, it asks for my OLD password first, then I could choose my new password and confirm it.  If I forgot my password in the first place, how the heck can I put in my old password in order to change my password??!!  Hmmm...I thought maybe if I put in the temporary password as the old password....but that did not work, either. Several times.  Now I am getting a message that I should "try later". Probably because I have tried several times without success and I am now blocked.  Very, very frustrating.  Just venting here; I know that this io Group does not control the Janome website.  But now I am told to just wait until "later"--when would that be?? An hour? a Day?  Just to log into the Janome website!!!    There is no place to contact the website techs, only places to contact Janome for "technical help"--but that is with software or machines, not website issues.    AARRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Thank you for "listening"...   Kathy Strabel   Camas WA