Re: New Member

Vikki Youngmeyer

I get most of my embroidery designs from vendors and download the designs to my hard drive. I then copy the designs I want to use to a flash drive so I always can go back to my hard drive if needed.

Vikki

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of Cat - N via groups.io
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2021 8:09 AM
To: Onlinesewing-Janome <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] New Member

I have an 11000 (v.1 upgraded to v.3.10) embroidery machine manufactured by Janome in 2005, and a 15000 (v.2 upgraded to v.3) that I bought in 2016. Both have USB by direct cable connect and can open designs on a thumb drive/flash drive/ memory stick.  The 15000 also has connectivity by WiFi. I would guess that embroidery machines designed and manufactured by Janome after at least 2005 would have USB/flash/thumb drive capability, but Janome lists those kind of specs online so it is pretty easy to confirm for any model of interest. Some models may not have ‘direct connect by USB cable’ drivers for more current Windows computer operating systems…such as the 11000, but the 500e is definitely a newer model.

I personally would never download a design directly to a USB drive…too many years in I.T. and don’t trust those with critical/unique data…I download to a physical hard disc and put copies on USB (memory) drives as needed for transfer.

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.

On Jul 26, 2021 at 8:29 AM, <katz11west via groups.io> wrote:

Thanks to all who gave me their thoughts on various Janome machines and software.  Still doing some research on which model I will buy.  I am finding after having my Bernina V5 software for probably over 15 years there are some editing features that may be the answers to what I felt I needed in a machine with onboarding editing features in my next machine.  I am assuming (and you know what they say about that...lol) that Janomes are all  USB compatible?  Do I download designs to a thumb drive and insert into the embroidery machine?  Guess this sounds like a dumb question but right now using older machines I am limited to floppy disks for the D1 and a cable between my Bernina and the computer.

Thanks
Lorrie