Re: New Member

Lyn Quine

I buy the 2GB memory sticks from Amazon, you don’t store your designs on them they are for transferring to the machine.  Store on the computer and just transfer either by cable to the later machines or the USB.  For the 15000, 12000 now retired but still a good machine) 14000, 500e (now retired) 550e, they all talk to Horizon Link software, which is an editor not a digitising software.  The 15000 works with the ipad and the Acudesign set of apps, and will work on wifi.  You can also have the quilting frame which is an add on for the 500E and 550E, 12000, but is comes with the 15000.

As far as editing on the machine, it is very limited, you can’t delete parts of the design, you would need software or the apps to do that, you can add to the design as in importing other designs into the editing screen, you can add borders etc from the machines library or from your own, but if you want to do that it might be better to do that on your computer and save to the USB to transfer, or by wifi.  I often use wifi from my Janome software the Digitizer V5.5.  Editing is much easier in software than on the machine screen.

Lyn

On 26 Jul 2021, at 14:26, Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam@...> wrote:

 Yes, you can use a USB thumb drive to transfer designs to the 500e, 550e, and 15000.  The 500e has one built in USB port and the 15000 has two.

And you don’t have to save the design to the machine memory to access it.  You can simply plug in the thumb drive, select it from the files menu, and go.  The machines  work best with smaller memory thumb drives (available at most sewing stores or Amazon).

Pixey

On Jul 26, 2021, at 7:29 AM, katz11west via groups.io <katz11west@...> wrote:

Thanks to all who gave me their thoughts on various Janome machines and software.  Still doing some research on which model I will buy.  I am finding after having my Bernina V5 software for probably over 15 years there are some editing features that may be the answers to what I felt I needed in a machine with onboarding editing features in my next machine.  I am assuming (and you know what they say about that...lol) that Janomes are all  USB compatible?  Do I download designs to a thumb drive and insert into the embroidery machine?  Guess this sounds like a dumb question but right now using older machines I am limited to floppy disks for the D1 and a cable between my Bernina and the computer.

Thanks
Lorrie