Re: New Member

Pixey

Yes, you can use a USB thumb drive to transfer designs to the 500e, 550e, and 15000.  The 500e has one built in USB port and the 15000 has two.

And you don’t have to save the design to the machine memory to access it.  You can simply plug in the thumb drive, select it from the files menu, and go.  The machines  work best with smaller memory thumb drives (available at most sewing stores or Amazon).

Pixey

On Jul 26, 2021, at 7:29 AM, katz11west via groups.io <katz11west@...> wrote:

Thanks to all who gave me their thoughts on various Janome machines and software.  Still doing some research on which model I will buy.  I am finding after having my Bernina V5 software for probably over 15 years there are some editing features that may be the answers to what I felt I needed in a machine with onboarding editing features in my next machine.  I am assuming (and you know what they say about that...lol) that Janomes are all  USB compatible?  Do I download designs to a thumb drive and insert into the embroidery machine?  Guess this sounds like a dumb question but right now using older machines I am limited to floppy disks for the D1 and a cable between my Bernina and the computer.

Thanks
Lorrie