Re: About to toss this machine out the window!

Jim Stutsman

It's really hard to tell what's going on from the photos. I'm still doubtful it's a hook race problem, since it only happens in one spot. Unfortunately further diagnosis from here is pretty much down to guesswork. You might try looking at the back, under a bright light, with magnification. This will let you see the state of the stabilizer and fabric. In particular, follow one of the loops back to see if you have multiple threads coming from the same needle penetration. That will always cause trouble. If that doesn't get you anywhere I'm afraid you'll need to take it to a technician to see what's going on.